Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeLife View Post
There is still a lot of unneeded stock tune burble.

I agree there is a known benefit to the 1-2 pops in between shifts while under load.

However, There is no benefit being able to accelerate from 5-10kph over and over while it's constantly burbling in sport + mode. No real boost has even been gained yet at that point. Not to mention you can feather the pedal while decelerating to keep a constant flow and pops...
My car has been tuned since the first month of ownership, 2.5 years ago, so I can't comment on the stock burble settings. But, how many seconds do you have your foot off the gas when taking a corner? Keep in mind too, the turbo is also still "spooled up" (spinning fast) after the burbles stop.

Instead of modulating the throttle to keep burbles continue, I modulate it to stop them and quiet them down. Just a light press of the pedal stops them completely. If I'm driving aggressively in a neighborhood, I lightly hit the pedal before the big bang comes.
I tuned out my run off burbles two years ago. So my N55 only had the pop in between shifts.

The M2C is worse in my opinion and I hope the DataDisplay will be able to tune it out without a DME unlock.

At the end of the day it's all user preference until we start controlled testing and logging boost levels with runoff burbles tuned to 0 vs stock
-Recaro Pole Position , 2kBody Half Cage, Pinnacle Motorsports Half Cage (On order), CAE Shifter
-Remus Race + BR EL Mid
Appreciate 0