01-02-2020, 12:08 PM   #24
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi M sport--2014 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
Appreciate the review, I have been considering a tune myself. Certainly brave taking on effectively a no name tuner based on some sales conversation.

This has all the hallmarks of a tuner appearing out of nowhere making claims without much evidence honestly. Sounds like its making great power for an off the shelf tune, the M2C is very conservatively tuned at the top end from factory so it's not hard to make significant gains.

However I highly doubt they did anything to the Steering / Diff / traction behavior, short of coding it to M3 CS/GTS values.

Secondly whilst they claim warranty, if something does go wrong sounds like you will be be held up whilst the different parties try to determine responsibility. At least with DINAN or Carbahn (Steve Dinan) you are dealing with guys who have longstanding dealer/corporate level relationships.
Whatever they did, it’s quite remarkable. I ended up going with them for 3 reasons.

Alpina connection. Warranty. No bench flashing/ backdating of dme.

I’m in sales, so I know bullshit when I hear it. These guys here are no bs artists, and now having the tune for almost a couple weeks, I wouldn’t be able to live with the stock car again. It’s just so much better.

I think whatever Noelle is doing is the future of tuning for bimmers. Comprehensive gains, and enough confidence to offer a warranty. Time will certainly tell!
Appreciate 0