Quote:
Originally Posted by low135 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
"M has never been dogmatic about any particular technology – electrification is not rocket science and it's not the game changer that people think it's an easy answer to every question."

Elon has entered the chat.
Which BMW Model has over 200,000 individual deposits on it?
I really hope people don't consider those $100 "deposits" to mean much. I've put more down preordering a video game. Absolutely useless metric. I personally know a handful of people that bought it just to buy and never intend to purchase the truck. This isn't like the $1000 or $5000 deposits that they've taken for the 3 and roadster.
Again, which BMW model are 200,000+ people rushing to a BMW Dealer and putting down $100 for, refundable or not - in less than 100 hours?

To put it in perspective, BMW only sold 25,000 vehicles in the USA last month.

And at $20M+ and rising daily, we aren't talking small change.
Your comparison is moronic because there has never been a comparable situation. BMW hasn't ever done a PR stunt like that. Artificially inflated "preorders" because of the refundable negligible cost to it. Might as well have been a free "sign up for more info" on their site. People that are leaning on those numbers to actually mean anything are goofy.
Appreciate 2