05-10-2020, 12:40 PM   #18
Hegge
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Hate?

That is a strong and completely inaccurate description of my comments.

The reason I make sound like the M2CS is just an M2C with CS badge is, well, because that is what the M2CS it is when it comes performance. It HAS to be, as it has the exact same engine on the exact same chassis and comes in at about the exact same weight.

In addition to performance considerations – or track dedication, which is the focus of this thread - the M2CS remains nothing more than the M2C with some wardrobe accessories.

How could I ‘hate’ the M2CS? I dig the hell out of the M2C! Your use of the word hate is likely born out of the fact that I do not share your love for the M2CS over the M2C.

Track times, press reviews, BMW marketing and limited release . . . none of it is going to have the M2CS add up to anything significant over the M2C . . . except in the price column.

///AVM
///AVM appears to be right as the base of the CS is the M2 Competition with the carbon fiber bits and adaptive suspension. Weight is rumored to be about the same due to inclusion of adaptive suspension.

I'm probably not getting an allocation as I'm not willing to pay dealer markup as I'll let someone else with bigger pockets pay dealer markup. It's going to be a fun car, but I'm not in a financial position to overpay over MSRP.

However I do think the CS will drive somewhat differently than the Competition because of the testimony that the M3 and M4 CS have different dynamics than their Competition versions.

Lastly the first official rumor of the M2 CS was October 2018 so 17 months. Hopefully driving reviews come soon as there is not much new to talk about.
Appreciate 2
///AVM2529.50
RPM33612.00