View Single Post
      12-17-2019, 10:42 AM   #53
K-Fab
Dirt Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
About 550 miles worth of track time (17-18 sessions) on this set of Toyo R888Rs.

This past weekend the front end started letting go more often (had one hell of a fun last session this Sunday - guy in a Cayman and I were having a blast and I had no front end grip).

Pulled the wheels off yesterday to put the car back in street mode and was quite surprised at the inner edge of the fronts! - realizing that I have to look a lot more carefully while they're on the car, as I can't see the inside edge very well. I am quite positive that there were no cords showing before I started playing on Sunday, though. They had to be really close to the surface, though.

I'd say that 2.85 degrees of negative camber is a bit much. The right side tire wasn't as worn as the left (pic) but I'm seeing cording there too.

Rears at 1.8 degrees are also showing signs of too much camber.

Gonna drop the fronts to 2.2 and the rear to 1.4 and see what that does to spread the load a bit better across the contact patch.

Interestingly the surface temps were pretty similar across the tire's width - 140 to 150 was the margin. I didn't check the rears.

Not an excuse, a realization, I need to be a bit more up on checking things during the day. Having students definitely cuts into available time but it's something I need to be more on top of with this car.

My old R8 was set up just right so I was able to be lazy about wear checking as it was an equal opportunity tire wearing vehicle. It didn't tend to bias wear at either shoulder, which is what I'm trying to get out of this M2C.

Cage is supposed to be here sometime (was supposed to show last week) and I'll be ordering another set of Toyos (they're the least expensive and work pretty well) to get the car dialed in.

Ah the joys of modifying. One step forward, half a step back.

Did I say how much fun I'm having with this car? What a blast it is!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW-What a Ride!'" - Anonymous
Appreciate 4
PrimeBMW661.50
Ex_Stig2592.50
atc556.50
Bosozoku693.50