View Single Post
      05-10-2019, 03:12 AM   #28
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Well, truth be told, I don’t care much for autox, so the track is my focus. The 71R is much more predictable at the limit than the BFG, which is more impt where the corner speeds are much higher on a track, and that predictability leads to faster times on a real track where there are a lot more things to hit than just cones, esp in a $60k car, vs a Miata.

The issue with the 275/35/19 is the height, not the width. You’ll rub big time with even slight compression. Even 265/35/19 rubs until you’ve worn the tire down some. But you seem like the hard headed type, so give it a go and report back to everyone.

Also, you don’t need more than -2.0 in the rear on the M2 to achieve good wear. You’ll instead lose acceleration traction and slide the tire more and wear it quicker. And, you don’t need to roll the fender (again, $60k car!) to get the right fitment. I’m pretty much the guy that forced Apex to go to +45 in the rear bc I kept hounding them that their originally proposed offsets wouldn’t work for some 295/305s. I’ve been running +45 in the rear for a year.

But don’t listen to me, I’m just some guy that has no idea what he’s talking about after 40+ track days in his M2 over the last 2yrs.

Lastly, the OP was asking about tires to mount on his stock wheels. I gave the best answer to his question in the very first reply, vs all this 71R vs BFG Solo2, too tall tire, extreme camber, rolling fenders, aftermarket wheel discussion.

Last edited by ZM2; 05-10-2019 at 05:10 AM..
Appreciate 2
Megator517.50