01-20-2020, 10:27 AM   #67
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Hmm... with the kind of coin I’ve seen the more recent used HDP6’s going for, paying a little more to get a new pump that flows more and has better mounting seems worthwhile.

The other pumps have drop in fits without modification and the baseplate mod for the HDP6 is my biggest concern. I need everything to be very robust for the track, and I would be constantly concerned/checking the HDP6 fitment.

Right now I’m leaning towards Dorch Stage 2 to bc they’re supported in BM3 (B58 so far, N55 coming they say), and it’ll give me plenty of headroom to run E50 with a PS2 in winter and occasionally full E85 at the track.
Yeah the hdp6 is really sketchy, and you have to Dremel the bottom of your intake manifold which is pretty sketchy as well. The wiring harness is also really stretched out because of the angles connector which also seems to be an issue imo.

Also, in regards to E50 I'd probably also run a top cylinder lube with that as well if you plan to use it full time just to avoid any additional wear and tear. I know alot of guys usually run a tank of gas in between every tank or two of ethanol to help with lubricity, but with too cylinder lube you shouldn't ever have to.
ZM22810.50