View Single Post
      09-14-2018, 08:28 AM   #9
BOhio
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobert View Post
You definitely need to plan at least 1200 miles on your trip and allow time to get the break-in service done abroad (make a note of M service locations along your route). You'll have to pay for it in full but BMW NA will do a courtesy reimbursement upon your return. You will regret missing out on that part (unless of course a member of your traveling party ends up in a French hospital for 3 days and you don't make your mileage and run out of time).
I remember reading about the hospital stay. Bummer, but a happy ending regardless.

It's not our first trip to Europe, nor our last (hopefully), but our itinerary with the M2C goes Munich to Bamberg, then west to Nurburg, then south to Trier, then way south to Switzerland. If we reach 1,200 miles, it will be en route to Zurich to drop our car off. We'll get it redelivered (?) to the Performance Center, where they'll do our break-in service while we enjoy the PC experience.

Our Euro trip continues, via train to Milan, then renting a station wagon because we're meeting family and friends and need to schlep them -- including a wheelchair -- around. However, en route to Assisi area, we're stopping in Modena for a couple nights, and maybe we'll rent a Ferrari or Lambo to help restore our fast-car mojo before we continue in the Fiat Tipo wagon.
Appreciate 0