03-11-2018, 08:38 PM   #24
Perp
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRasF87 View Post

Hey, your dealer not acting nice at all! . I heard this for the first time today - my car had not been driven for a week. Is it ASD related or a fuel pump issue? I can't imagine I'll will be happy if this continues, especially while its under warranty. Can't you just turn ASD on until dealer can investigate and provide a fix?
This happened since day 1, even without coding. Just assumed it was normal. I told them I can revert, but they want "bmw approved" recoding (ie my money). Haven't had the car for a month and won't get it back till April, so haven't done anything since. Swapped my dad to get a wrx for winter. Awd > rwd with the snow we got this year! Both with winter tires. Never got stuck in a Subaru lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who? View Post
i went for a drive, came back after 2 hours and noticed this noise when i unlocked the car
will bring it up in the breakin service..

how did they find out it was coded? can you code it back everytime you service?
I only hear it if not touch for at least 10 hours and only sometimes. Very hard to reproduce. Dealer had my car for almost 2 weeks and never reproduced. Only had a video I recorded.

They said something about a version didn't match official, so they asked me if anything was changed. I told them the truth it has been coded. Not sure if returning to stock programming they would notice something was changed.

Thinking if I do get this sorted out, I'll leave it stock, even with dreaded asd. But for sure, never going to buy from this dealer again. Plus all other dealer experience with them, I don't even want another BMW at all! They lost a potential long term customer. Talking to their gm resulted in nothing either (previous incident).
Appreciate 0