View Single Post
      03-05-2016, 09:30 AM   #88
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
When you fit the carbon rear diffuser, it says that "Bei Fahrzeugen mit SA 322 (Komfortzugang) entfällt die Teilfunktion Smart Opener Funktion." It means that if you have comfort access the option for smart opening your trunk (I think with your feet) is not there anymore with the carbon rear diffuser installed.
I had read that too in the flyer:
"Beim Verbau des Heckdiffusors Carbon an Fahrzeugen mit Komfortzugang (SA 322) kann die Teilfunktion Smart Opener nicht mehr verwendet werden."
(= "By installation of the CF diffusor onto vehicles featuring Comfort Access (part # 322) the Smart Opener function can no longer be used.")
AFAIK the 'Smart Opener' function is not available on the M2, so no fuss.

However - and here's the catch - a forum fellow pointed out in a PM to me that, according to his BMW dealer, because of the non-existent 'Smart Opener' feature to be coded out + "modified aerodynamics due to the diffusor change", he is required by BMW to perform some software coding which will cost 179.08 EUR (148.00 EUR + 21% VAT) (that's almost $180).

So keep in mind that the diffusor costs more than just its price if you ask your BMW dealer to fit it: you got to add the installation cost + the mandatory software coding cost too. Splash the cash on some diffusor love...

Please also note that, if you get the M2 M Performance steering wheel:
  • lost: heated steering wheel (option 248); if you want to experience the heated steering wheel function again, you gotta retrofit the original steering wheel;
  • still functions: 'BMW Lane Departure Warning' (vibration) of the 'Driving Assistant' (option 5AS); the vibration engine is transferred (in)to the M Performance steering wheel.