View Single Post
      03-13-2024, 05:14 PM   #6
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

I run on street tires, and I'd suggest start at 32, then keep track of the dash pressures (you'll likely be talking w/ your instructor and they will cool down some after the session). Figure out how much they gained, and take almost that out, so that when hot you would be at 34 (i.e. if at 40 for end of session, pull 6# out). Same thing for after second session, but usualy only pulling 1-3#, and they will stay stable at that point unless you have a real long lunch break. Don't go out too low expecting them to fill out (I bring them back up to about 30 as my lowest). And remember that at the end of the day you want to fill them back up to about 40 for the drive home, or you will end up running too low and then needing to dig your pump out of the trunk at the roadside.

No way around it, you will eat your outside edges in front, but you can swap L-R each day to even it out a little. I go thru 2x the front tires to rears (now starting to trial the Conti extremes, and finding them to wear better despite being 200's).
Appreciate 1