View Single Post
      03-17-2021, 11:48 AM   #21
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 MG

Totally up for it!! I'll send you a PM.

Vibrant resonator installed - even as small as it is, there are limited places to install the resonator, pretty much only one spot. Even then, they had to cut the flanges off the resonator & weld the body to the pipe.

The shop told me it's gotta carbon up inside, so will take a couple hundred miles to realize relief in the drone but actually, there are immediate results.

There is still drone for a very brief moment at 3,000 RPM. But 2700-3000 is quiet so I can now drive at 65-75 drone-free. Right around 80 MPH it starts. I didn't go any faster to see where it cuts out. I definitely notice the drone is more a blip right at 3000 RPM vs a drone that starts around 2700 & goes well beyond about 3500.

Don't ask me how this is happening - I expected the resonator to tone the exhaust note down, but it didn't. It is actually deeper, throatier. The snarl is still there but that raspy sharp crackle is gone. I actually like the sound MUCH better. I hear the exhaust in the car, not the drone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carchrism5 View Post
Yeah, drone now drives me crazy whereas 10 years ago I would just turn the volume up and roll windows down.

With my catted AA DP and stock exhaust it can get decently loud with the valves open, only imagine how loud the MPE would get.

When it warms up hopefully we can meet up, be interested to see how the CJ tune compares to the OTS given we have pretty similar setups.
2017 M2 | MGM | 6SPD Std | RWD | MP Exhaust | CSF FMIC | Active Autowerke DP w/ HF CAT | FTP Charge & Boost Pipes | Fortune Auto series 500 7k/14k coilovers | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & HD series Rear | Richland Forged Project Nurburg RF-GT4 Wheels | AudioControl LC-6.1200 | JL Audio TWK 88 | CF Goodies
Appreciate 0