View Single Post
      03-16-2021, 05:43 PM   #17
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 MG

I found the prior owner (his email/user name was in the connecteddriver user history - searched the forums & found him).

He wrote me back & provided me a bunch of info. Turns out the car has bootmod3 - with the Cary Jordan custom tune. So it would seem my friends were not imagining things when they said to me, "dude, this car is tuned." LOL I am thrilled to find this out, too.

He also said he did not do the fuel system upgrade so he only went so far with the CJC tune.

I really appreciate the prior owner responding back & providing all of the info that he did. Super awesome. (And I told him there is no other personal info in the car.)

So... would y'all say I got pretty lucky? Lots of top notch mods & a custom tune to boot. And a car in near-pristine condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carchrism5 View Post
Given the prior owner coded out ASD I'd also be looking at other coding. If you don't use Bimmercode or Bimmerlink it might be something to look into as those programs alone could tell you more about the car than anyone on here and save you a trip to a shop to check things like emissions readiness.

I am betting the car is tuned and if it is you'd really want to find out which tune. With the Wagner DP and FMIC as well as coding done I think there is a chance the prior owner was at some point on this board. Might be a bit of work to attempt to find them but if you do and they are willing to just give you a few pieces of information that could save you a ton of time, give you a better understanding of your car and even save you money down the line.
2017 M2 | MGM | 6SPD Std | RWD | MP Exhaust | CSF FMIC | Active Autowerke DP w/ HF CAT | FTP Charge & Boost Pipes | Fortune Auto series 500 7k/14k coilovers | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & HD series Rear | Richland Forged Project Nurburg RF-GT4 Wheels | AudioControl LC-6.1200 | JL Audio TWK 88 | CF Goodies
Appreciate 0