View Single Post
      02-12-2021, 02:31 PM   #1
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 MG

How lucky (or unlucky) am I?! (I THINK I GOT SUPER LUCKY!!)

3/16 update:

Found the prior owner - great guy, provided tons of info for me. He got the Bootmod3 with Cary Jordan custom tune. Wicked!!

I think I am a little excited... but also a little wary. Need some feedback on how I should be feeling about all of this. And I know the value of the mods the prior owner did to this car.

I bought a used 2017 M2 from Louisville KY (via BMW dealer). I think the prior owner traded it in. 39,900 miles. Really only had pics to look at; the dealer sent me all of the shop records. No accidents. 6sp MT. Snagged it before it could get away. Mineral Grey... it's really nice.

Car is IMMACULATE. No curb rash even. Xpel protection film on entire front bumper, 1/3rd of the hood, the leading edge of the roof, the rockers.

Not even a single swirly in the paint. Unreal. Michelin PS4 all seasons. (So I've been driving it in the snow!)

MP Exhaust with titanium tips. New M2 style mirrors with sequential turn singnals. PSM CF spoiler (I don't like that... replacing it - but it's VERY nice.

And I JUST found out...
  • Wagner sport cat DP
  • Wagner black FMIC
  • FTP charge and boost pipes

I am wondering if the ECU has been flashed (stage 2 tune?) or perhaps the prior owner had stage 2 dinan piggyback that may have been removed. (There isn't anything attached to the car now.)

I am not concerned if the car is tuned - hell, that's even more money the dude saved me! And strengthens my feelings I got one hell of a car & bargain.

Never been in an M2 so nothing to compare to my car to know if the performance is stock. I do know - I grin ear to ear every time I drive it. It's loud, beautiful exhaust note (a bit drone-y at hwy cruise speeds) & the burbles/pops make me laugh out loud.

LOVE this thing.

Waddaya think - should I be excited?!
2017 M2 | MGM | 6SPD Std | RWD | MP Exhaust | CSF FMIC | Active Autowerke DP w/ HF CAT | FTP Charge & Boost Pipes | Fortune Auto series 500 7k/14k coilovers | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & HD series Rear | Richland Forged Project Nurburg RF-GT4 Wheels | AudioControl LC-6.1200 | JL Audio TWK 88 | CF Goodies

Last edited by MASHCT; 03-16-2021 at 05:46 PM..
Appreciate 0