View Single Post
      04-08-2020, 10:42 AM   #73
dvas
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 - Mineral Gray, 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAT TIME RULES View Post
Yeah that sucks! Its one of the most popular tire sizes. They also don't offer a 285/30 either.

I ended up going staggered after reading from other track junkies that Staggered is faster and you can put more power down from apex to track out as well. 265/35 and 295/35 on 18x10 Ec-7's 33 offset.
I've been contemplating the staggered route. Despite running a pretty good pace on a squared setup over the last few years, I also tend to lean to the thinking that staggered might be just a little quicker.

However, after consulting a shop that professionally built an M2 race car that puts down times that blow away lightly modded M2/3/4's, I'm not so certain. They are of the opinion that square is still better. Better in the sense that you get more tire life out of being able to rotate, a considerable benefit for the typical HPDE driver. But also better in the sense of more neutral handling. My setup is pretty dialed in at the moment with a marginally loose car, just the way I like it. I'd hate to go staggered and start fighting front end push.

I guess there's really only one way to tell for sure.
Appreciate 0