First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinX2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRAVE View Post
I would like to believe the used marked follows closely to that of the e9x M3. Production numbers are lower, especially factoring in the 3 variants of the M3.

To me, the allure of the the M2 is the small form factor, light weight, styling and perfect engine. I've had the F80 M3 and thought it was too much power. I can only imagine what that would be like on an M2. Increased weight plus what I believe to be worse looking, I'd stick with the OG.
Well the M2c and the new coming M2 CS will always push the M2 OG down...just wondering what the delta will be between the bottom price of a CPO m2 OG and a slightly used M2c.

If the delta is only like 7k it might be worth it just to get the M2c with the s55 engine and m4 seats.

I'm hoping the M2 OG will follow the e92 m3 depreciate scale but i think the depreciation line won't be as steep as the e92 since the M2 2016-2017 supply seems kinda low compared to early e92 m3 numbers.
I don't think the demographic of the people interested in buying these cars used in 5-10 years is going to care about production numbers. As in, they're not going to seek out an OG M2 specially for that reason. Those people are probably looking to get into an M2 at the cheapest price point possible because it's now fallen into their budget range.

This isn't the type of car which is going to appreciate in value, unless you're talking in 20-30 years and the car is in mint condition, THEN you might have a negligible interest from super enthusiasts.
Appreciate 0