Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2000, MacanS, M4CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranck View Post
It may not have been the tires that caused the OP's crash but I can tell you without hesitation that the PS 4's are a much better tire all the way around but *especially* in the rain than the SS's.

I got my car w/ 3500 miles on the clock - inherited the SS's - drove it in the rain a few times and I was like - WTF is wrong w/ this car.

Started to research a better alternative - spoke w/ Rudy at the TireRack - recommended the PS4's which I switched out at 6500 miles.

1st time I drove in a rainstorm - there was a huge difference - no more hydroplaning.

Now have 12K miles on the car - drove in the rain recently and zero problems - all the above in Sport mode.

I'm just trying to help here but, the SS's in the rain are dangerous imo.
of course different purpose tires make things better for their own purposes. but at the end of the day, it's the person who controls the throttle. you won't go WOT in a snowy day just because you have snow tires would you? for example most accidents on the snowy roads i see are caused by 4x4 SUVs. people think they are safe because the cars come with certain safety features. at the end of the day, laws of physics still applies.

2018 ///M2 LCI, Metallic Orange, 6MT, Exec Pkg, Apple.. Sold

Instagram: Tommys911
Appreciate 2
10"4974.50
champignon1565.50