12-08-2017, 04:08 PM   #10
Rovman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2ruder View Post
Car play is a interesting animal to try and figure out if your not supper Apple savy. Also when you want to make drive system changes it seems you have to disable car play to access the BMW system. Something else...when I am moving and i hit the venue button it tells me I cannot make changes while driving..... My M4 allowed you to make changes to settings while driving I have shut it off Car Play until I am totally familiar with the car and have it set up the way i want it then I will turn it back on and try it. But it does talk to text nice
That's interesting M2ruder. The dealer mentioned something similar about issues with the Apple car play and asked if I was sure I wanted it. Thanks for the heads up.

I thought It was extremely useful for your last comment about the talk to text... my oldest son is a new driver (showing my age) and I liked the Apple car play for that very reason as he could continue to concentrate on driving while texting.. even though we all know it is not safe to text and drive, I am a realist and know he will do it anyway, even if we preach to him, not to do it. With the talk/text working it at least makes that function while driving , a little safer.
11' BMW 1M
15' Mercedes GL 350 (wife's daily)
Appreciate 1