02-02-2018, 07:20 PM   #6
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2guru View Post
If I bring my BMW in to the dealer for recall service requiring a software update (2018 LCI Dash), is it required for them to utilize the cigarette lighter? I got a dash camera at the start of the winter season and haven't hard-wired it yet, so it's plugged into the cig. lighter. I go to pick up the car from the dealer and the dash cam is unplugged...hmmm. I am concerned they didn't treat my car like I would have. Additionally, does it require 23 miles of "test driving" to ensure the software "took." Thanks all!
Before you go all postal on them ...

did they turn down your radio or change the station?

While this may sound silly... perhaps the person unplugged the item because it has annoying startup noises? Perhaps they unplugged it so as not to have a current draw at the same time they connected your vehicle for an update? If they connected your vehicle to a battery charger to do an update then again.. it might be advisable for them to unplug your accessories so that they don't cause any damage to them...

As far as the test drive distance.. 23 miles is a fair amount, but I can bet that your dealer will say that it is a normal distance.

I recommend you simply discuss your personal concerns with your SA.

If you feel that the dealer is having too much fun with your car... I would simply advise the SA that you have a GPS tracker on it and you prefer that all test drives be limited to under say.. 5-10 miles. or even ZERO if you prefer. THEN if your instructions are disregarded.. you have a reason for a complaint other than suspicions that the " sky is falling.. "
Appreciate 1
M2guru383.50