No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergist View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2GB View Post
My thoughts are this:

M2 with some minor mods are showing 420hp and 440lb ft of torque quite easily. You can mod the S55 to more crazy levels, but ive driven a tuned M2 and its already wheel spinning under full boost. Chasis is at limit of being fun/frustrating with even a moderate increase in power.
FBO BM3 cars out there are having a difficult time barely cracking 400 whp on 91 (not sure what you guys have in the UK). And that means you have to push the stock fueling and turbos to the limit, which I am not a fan of. This is the advantage of the S55, even though it is not the most pleasant sounding exhaust note. A mild tune bringing it to stock M3/4 levels would mean little to no added stress on the drive train. Having driven the M2 and M4 on track I believe a bit more power is to be welcomed. With the correct suspension/wheel/tire setup this chassis could easily handle 440 whp.
I completely agree. The chassis is so competent and some grippy 275s will go a long way at the rear.

FWIW if you're hitting 400whp with FBO and stage 1 you are either at sea level and moderately stressing the turbo or you're at altitude and severely stressing the turbo. What I'm hearing is that peak boost, stock, can hit 20psi at altitude. This should be a concern to anyone thinking we can hit S55 M2 numbers with no risk. There is definitely risk. Add heat and altitude and your risk gets significantly higher.