Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wenklaw View Post
My carplay works perfectly well enough, I just don't really understand the point of it as it doesn't do anything as far as I can make out that the iDrive 4/5/6 system doesn't do better? Please point out anything I am missing in terms of better features though as I actually want to use it!!!
You will loose map updates and real-time traffic in 4 years/50K unless you pay to renew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Just rented a Dodge Charger with Carplay and I was impressed! Seemed to work much better than my M2 - MUCH. The touch screen helped, but there was more to it - connected nicely, and did what it was supposed to do - also, Apple maps was not too bad either!
So just maybe all the Apple CarPlay bashing should be directed toward BMW's integration of Apple CarPlay and not Apple CarPlay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ried View Post
CarPlay keeps launching Pandora, BMW Connected, TuneIn and all of the CarPlay-enabled apps when it first connects to the car, THEN the car is unable to choose a different audio source. Always keeps playing Apple Music files, and if I switch to another source (Satellite, FM, etc) it immediately switches back to CarPlay.

iDrive update from the dealer did nothing to fix this issue.

CarPlay sucks balls.
BMW Connected is NOT an Apple CarPlay app. Are you sure the car is not selecting Pandora through BMW Connected?

I have absolutely zero issues switching from Apple CarPlay Music to the FM Radio in the car. I also like that Apple CarPlay picks up the song where I left off when I got out of the car.

Last edited by omasou; 09-08-2017 at 11:05 AM..
Appreciate 1
geogerf115.50