Tumbleweeds78
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ried View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emhyr var Emreis View Post
That's odd. It almost sounds like some app on the phone is attempting to play audio which triggers an audio source change. Maybe try terminating the app the OS launched (from the app switcher), and then changing the source.
I think you're exactly right - the problem is on the iOS side, but I've not found a solution. If I kill all of the apps including Apple Music, then try switching to i.e. Satellite Radio, iDrive will revert to Apple Music again (and launch the app) about 0.5 seconds after playing audio from Satellite Radio.

It's intermittent. The next time I come back to the car, CarPlay might connect and function perfectly normally. I don't know why this happens, but it's been consistent throughout many iOS update over the last 10 months, and I've tried everything to make it stop - including a dealer update to iDrive itself. Nothing resolves that annoying, intermittent issue.
I'm not sure it's CarPlay that's the issue. I don't have CarPlay and I occasionally experience the same issue with idrive. Earlier today pandora kept opening and kicking me out of Sirius.
Appreciate 1
ried791.50