View Single Post
      08-24-2017, 12:35 AM   #93
Emhyr var Emreis
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogerf View Post

I do wish Carplay would be able to display a text rather than just read it out loud (I know, dangerous, but its better than looking at your phone)
Well, the idea is that you don't look at the phone either :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ried
CarPlay keeps launching Pandora, BMW Connected, TuneIn and all of the CarPlay-enabled apps when it first connects to the car, THEN the car is unable to choose a different audio source. Always keeps playing Apple Music files, and if I switch to another source (Satellite, FM, etc) it immediately switches back to CarPlay.
That's odd. It almost sounds like some app on the phone is attempting to play audio which triggers an audio source change. Maybe try terminating the app the OS launched (from the app switcher), and then changing the source.

My experience has actually been pretty good so far. In fact today I was pleasantly surprised because I had Waze running on my phone but I was listening to music from the Music Collection source, and it ducked the music while the Waze guidance was being spoken. So it seems like the system is capable of mixing multiple audio sources, at least in some situations.
Appreciate 0