MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midtown2020 View Post
This is intriguing to me, and I am considering it! I could probably change my requested date to better align with these dates.

Do you think this would be a good trip to do as part of the break-in period right after pickup of the new M2C, giving the car a well rounded break in experience? Would it be too much?

Would I be limited compared to other drivers because I was in the break-in period, possibly always lagging behind the pack due to RPM limitations, etc?
Definitely a great trip. It is really diverse in the type of driving. There are all kinds of roads and you can fully determine your own pace. Since we are going to be with 10+ cars we are never going to stick together all the time, and people will have different driving behavior. Some will gun it, others will keep it cool. You never have 10+ the same kind of drivers.

The only place where you would be a touch limited on the initial Autobahn stretch on the Sunday, but other than that you will be totally fine. Good thing is that after you have done the whole trip, you will have done more than half the miles you need before the service.

For your information, I did a group drive immediately on the first drive after I collected it and my car is working totally fine. Also this is of course an exclusive opportunity to get access to all the best BMW M and Classic have to offer. That doesn't happen every day.

MR
Appreciate 0