Rep
Drives: M3 E92 DCT, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by widetyres View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
I've had both of these coded for a while now and love them.

I don't think I ever changed to Euro MDM though, I just did the GTS coding alone.

Is any difference between US and Euro GTS MDM?
Apparently there is, with a little more slip being allowed with the euro setting - search for "euro mdm" for reviews - I haven't tried the US version myself.
I have tried GTS EPS and DSC/MDIff coding via Thor m flasher.

I agree with Widetyres' summaries although I have the most recent istep flashed during recent dealer visit and really like new oem EPS feel for my Sept 2016 DCT. Not sure if I will change EPS via Thor.

I will probably reflash diff/DSC back to GTS coding as I really like the added neutrality - car feels like its rotation is more sensitive/adjustable via throttle. Without it, you have to apply more %age throttle to get the rear axle to adjust balance - riskier in the real world.

As far as traction is concerned, bigger benefit - to get clever MDiff and DSC working more effectively - has been reduction in rear camber from circa -2deg to circa -1.5deg.
BP,

You can get a feel for the gts steering even without coding. Now you are on the new ISTEP, drive the car with dsc totally disabled (long press) - the steering will also change -the feel is pretty close to the sport+ with the gts coding.

Interesting re camber - will look into that on next alignment. Cheers.

WT
Appreciate 1
Bee Pee1779.00