Thread: HPDE 101?
View Single Post
      10-24-2019, 07:17 AM   #10
Montaver
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4 & M340i LCI

SRF and track pads is a solid plan, you will have no issues there. If you run your stock PSS and this is your first time at the track you will be absolutely fine with DS2500's, even the stock pads would probably work but just degrade fast. Running with MDM on will eat brakes quickly.

I would start on your stock PSS, RE-71's are incredible but better to move up to them later. Get a feeling for the car with stock wheel and suspension setup.

My first ever 3 track days I ran PFC-Z rated which is very similar to DS2500's with street Michelins with no issues on my e90 which is heavier with a less capable brake setup. Once you get fast enough to overheat the Michelins and they start feeling squirmy, you can move up to a streetable track tire (i.e. RE-71, Cup2, RS-4).

Keep your eyes up, stay sharp and have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona_550 View Post
I'm on the same boat as the OP. Finally got a track-suitable car (new M2C) and looking at an HDPE event in December. The event is at DIS over two days (probably 4-5 25min sessions). I'm not sure what kind of wear to expect so debating what to do about rear pads and track tires:

I'm planning on Castrol SRF and DS1.11 pads up front and switching to DS2500 once back on the street (read that they have the same compound and no rebedding needed when switching between them). But on the rears, I first thought of putting DS2500s and leaving them for both track and street. But then wondered if I could just leave the OE pads in the rear? Will 2 days at Daytona be too much for OE rear pads? Any issues with brake balance?

Tires: thought of RE71Rs for track event and saving my OE PSSs for the street. If a couple of days track duty would (substantially) wear out the PSSs, does having dedicated track tires make $ense?

Thanks for any pointers!
Appreciate 3
bentom2335.50
OG Shark4656.00