View Single Post
      08-20-2019, 07:12 AM   #27
Megator
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
I was also talking about F87s... Its certainly driver & also track dependent - but the DCT in the M2 is still susceptible to overheating on the track. A decent pace and stickier tires will amplify it as well. It is not uncommon for M2 track cars to have upgraded the DCT cooler. Just telling the OP that if he starts to get sloppy & laggy shifts to keep this in mind. It doesn't have to happen to him but with 10 years experience and a fondness for sticky tires there is a good chance it will.
"Check out do88 - it has been stellar in my track E92 M3 that I could overheat even on street tires."

This statement of yours did not make it clear to me you were referring to F87s. Indeed nowhere in that post do you refer to having issues with your F87 DCT as you clarify now. No biggie.

I agree with everything else you say. Do you have the d088 DCT cooler on your M2?

Wagner tuning charge cooler + rad are the only ones that are better than OEM.

Edit, is 275/295 so much better than 265/295? Also do 295s on OEM rims rub under compression?

Also do you guys get Nankang over in the states? they make a decent track try for a decent price.

haha on the Radical, the SR3 does not have that problem as it has the Hayabusa engine but its still a PIA maintenance wise. My friend has had to redo pretty much the whole car and its still not 100%. They are damn fast with nearly 2G in the corners!
Appreciate 0