View Single Post
      08-19-2019, 03:34 PM   #24
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megator View Post
As for the DCT cooler, OG was talking about the E92 not out cars. I have not read anything on ours overheating yet. BTW ask for data on cooling performance I heard some big names dont work much better than stock...
I was also talking about F87s... Its certainly driver & also track dependent - but the DCT in the M2 is still susceptible to overheating on the track. A decent pace and stickier tires will amplify it as well. It is not uncommon for M2 track cars to have upgraded the DCT cooler. Just telling the OP that if he starts to get sloppy & laggy shifts to keep this in mind. It doesn't have to happen to him but with 10 years experience and a fondness for sticky tires there is a good chance it will.

As far as cooling performance from big names I 100% agree about the lack of data being available - and I say this having upgraded every cooler in my two current M track cars. The do88 DCT cooler specifically though does have a good track record. On my N55 M2 I still cannot keep temps in check after having upgraded all the coolers - buts its a different animal and a known issue when pushed hard on the track. Having to get creative on that one.

Aftermarket intercoolers in particular can be very guilty of the big claims with no data. Its kind of amusing to see all the more power & cooler IATs claimed - and will show the data soon - yet no data is ever given.
Appreciate 0