K-Fab
Dirt Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentom2 View Post
There was no negativity intended in my PCA comment. They just happen to be about 90% Porsche with a mix of other cars, including maybe a few BMWs. So odds of another M2 showing up seems much lower. BMW, Audi, Alfa, and the private groups just attract a more diverse mix of cars in my experience.

I drive with PCA regularly, and they run great track events up here. In addition to their track events, I’ve been on a tour, and to a couple shows/social events. All were well run and the people were friendly. My other half drives a 718 Cayman on track and we just picked up a CPO Cayenne Diesel as a dog/winter/tow vehicle.

I’m pretty sure Ground control should be able to supply the parts needed to go from stock to coilovers at reasonable cost. Might be easier to call them than wait for email. I’m also using some of their stuff on my 2002 and they are known for customizing the coil over configuration for those cars. The spindle is part of the from strut so nothing is really off the shelf. I can’t imagine they’re only helpful on a weird old car that is probably one of their lower volume product lines.

Anyway, sounds like your track season will be ramping up soon. I’m considering a trip to Bottonwillow for an Audi Club SoCal event in November, so maybe I’ll see you there.
Cool on the PCA comments.
I’ve heard each brand of driver bag on the others - kinda the old Chevy/Ford/Dodge cross bashing (I’ll never own another Ford...). No offense was taken away. I’m actually impressed with the variety of makes at all the events that happen here in the Phx area.

Agreed on the call GC comment - am just waiting for Monday morning to get here so I can start picking their knowledge base.

I got the ‘Buttonwillow registration is open’ notice at 12:55 yesterday and was signed up for Friday through Sunday by 1:00. See ya there.

Only been there once but what a great, fun track. And they’re running it CCW which I found SO much more fun than CW. They ran both directions last year.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW-What a Ride!'" - Anonymous
Appreciate 0