View Single Post
      01-18-2016, 12:22 PM   #23
csbear
Major
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldcad View Post
Have you guys seen that car? Doesn't it resemble the 2-series,, and the M2 in particular?
Moldcad, I personally do see some similarities actually in the second picture..mainly with the hood up to the B pillar. Not everyone will agree and that's OK, but I see where you are coming from. Good eye, IMO! If anything it kind of looks like an F80 from the front to the B It has the intake behind the front wheel well, power dome, and similar proportions like the F8X.
And now I can't unsee it! In fact, bimmerpost members said they are similar here: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1143299

Although I feel nowadays, everyone is copying everyone else in some way and some cars in general are difficult to differentiate design wise with all the iterations we've seen. However, I don't feel it's a blatant ripoff or anything, like what Hyundai used to do.

Anyway, this new Alfa is going to be a great car at least from whats shown on paper (fastest 4 door on the Ring, relatively light weight, even if it's sans fluids). Hoping to have a look at the auto show.
Attached Images

Last edited by csbear; 01-18-2016 at 01:00 PM..
Appreciate 0