View Single Post
      09-03-2019, 10:15 PM   #5
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMK View Post
When my car is fully warmed up in Comfort mode, it usually looks like this, or just a little bit higher.
Yea, that's what I was thinking. That it was getting that hot because you're in comfort mode. Still 240F seems too high to me. Especially during a commute shifting at low rpm, as per comfort auto. What oil are you running?

I'm in the US, so my dash gauge might be different than yours. As well as I never drive in comfort mode. But mine sits around the first tick. 1/4 line. I did have bm3 hooked up today though and was playing switching between comfort and dsc off to see the cooling difference. Just in my city with light driving and stop lights. Noticed coolant would get a few degrees F higher in comfort. But, like I said, I was only playing around and don't even remember the values.

To answer your question though. Sport, Sport+, and DSC Off are the only modes with increased cooling. I don't think either of them have the shifting experience you're looking for, though you can try and see. Additionally, if you push the car harder in comfort mode, the increased cooling will kick in. Not the answer you want, but that's the way it is.

Here is more info on how the coolimg works
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...oling/F7kt8r2W

Last edited by Anthony1s; 09-03-2019 at 10:27 PM..
Appreciate 1
MetalMK228.50