View Single Post
      03-01-2020, 06:14 PM   #588
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Swapped my FI R and now running on winter tires!

After weeks of having the car in storage, I finally went back to the Netherlands to collect it while also replacing the FI R wheel that got damaged. The refurbished wheel is now for sale if anyone is interested and wants to make me an offer.

The new wheel is now on the car and I immediately put some Continental Wintercontact TS830 and TS860 winter tires on the car in 245/35R19 and 265/35R19 size. These were the only tires available right now and such short notice that also fitted on the FI R's.

The idea was to drive to Geneva for the motor show, but it got cancelled due to the Corona situation. Instead I drove home to Prague and the car is now back after having been out of the country for more than 6 months. It is great to have both cars back again together.

The M2C is rolling fine. I had some weird noise coming from underneath the bonnet (right front). It sounded like a pulley not rotating properly. When standing static and revving the engine, you heard the noise increasing and it was definitely the (right) front of the engine. Only happened when the car was really cold. Noise became less and less when the temp went up. Over the 70 degrees the engine temp, the issue was gone and you could not hear it anymore.

After the run back to Prague through Germany, I haven't had the issue anymore the last two days. No noise at start-up. No freaking clue what it was and maybe it was related to the car standing still for such a long time. God knows, we will see if it comes back. I had it before on a MINI and it only happened when the car was really cold. As soon as it was warm the noise was totally gone.

Also had my first rear left indicator warning message. I switched on the indicators to the left and the indicator was flashing super fast on the dashboard. I was like W T F and immediately after the error message saying that something was wrong. Error disappeared at restart.

For the rest we are over 34000 km and I am waiting for the final step in the process. The carbon bonnet, carbon trunk and then the PPS process... It will be in a few months time.

Oh and I had a look at changing the brake kit running a smaller front disc. This way I did not have the issue anymore with the stone getting between the caliper and the wheel. Unfortunately, the AP Racing by Essex Radi-CAL Brake Kit option didn't work out for us Europeans. Pity...

MR
Appreciate 1
dtmurf477.00