View Single Post
      12-25-2018, 04:21 PM   #1
Pete H
Private
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

2NH brake clearance to 788M wheel inner barrel?

Returning to ///M ownership, M2 comp on order to replace a much missed 1M. I can't decide about the 2NH brakes. Salesman thinks I could get a car in May 2019 that suits my timescales with 2NH. Might track the car occasionally and I wanted the best stopping performance I could get but two things worry me.
Extra unsprung and rotating weight. Well discussed and I doubt I would notice it so can go with that.
Proximity of the calipers to the wheel barrel causing score marks from trapped stones. Load of discussion on the M4 forums with this on CCB cars with 437M 19 inch wheels, and 763M 19 fronts on CSs.
As the M2 big brakes are the M4 CCB calipers,has anyone had this issue with an M2 comp with the big brakes and the 788M wheels? I'm going to seek out a car to check the gap I think. This would really bug my OCD as I assume the barrel is painted black, and I would be worried about reduction in strength if the score was deep.
As the car is mainly street use, I'm tempted to change the spec back to std brakes and put better pads in if I track the car. Save some cash whilst I'm at it. Really interested what you guys with cars running 2NH and 788M wheels think, any clearance worries?
Thanks
Pete
Appreciate 0