United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I agree, definitely.

The functional side air vents feature in the M2 M Performance Parts catalogue (BMW part # 41 35 2 449 803 (left) and 41 35 2 449 804 (right) - "Side wall in carbon fiber" - "Seitenwand Carbon"). So BMW M doesn't need to develop those anymore. They could include those on the M2 CS if they want. But will they ?

...each additional CF part that's included from the start will drive the price up.
I get that but why spend all that R&D building all those parts and not use them? They don't even offer most of them as an option for M2C owners and that vehicle has like a two model year run before it's discontinued.

If I was a gambling man, I would say they going to throw on 2/3s of those MP parts on the CS and call it a day. Which is all good, IMO.

Still sweet they're sticking in new F series M adaptive suspension and a bonafide manual transmission. They could of been lazy and cheap and just slap on the MP coilovers but props to BMW for going back to the drawing board and developing fresh new dampers. They must be seriously about dialing in the handling on the CS.
Appreciate 0