View Single Post
      08-16-2022, 03:54 PM   #1
Joebie
Grandmaster
Rep
Drives: 2018 ///M2 6MT

Joebie's 2018 Alpine White M2 6MT

Yoo im bored at work so I figured I'd make a thread about my car!

Last week (Aug-10, 2022) I purchased a used white 2018 M2 6MT from a dealer near Chicago. The car had around 12,400 miles on it when I bought it. I got an independent PPI from an auto shop nearby and they reported back that the car is "perfect both mechanically and electrically. The only thing we could find is a small paint chip on one of the wheels". Its a one-owner Florida car without a hint of corrosion anywhere, even all the cast aluminum components under the hood look brand new. The car was the dealer's showroom car so it spent its whole life at the dealer indoors, too.

I bought the car for $51,500+ tax and doc fees. (If youre reading this in the future then be aware that we are currently in a crazy used car market where used cars are selling near sticker price). But given the market I thought this was a relatively fair price especially given that its from a dealer.

I drove the car home from Chicago to St. Louis and have loved every moment of it since!

Here are some pictures from the day I picked it up:

I'm not doing anything crazy to the car, I dont intend to do track days or anything. This will just be the best daily driver ever known to mankind.

The first thing I did the day after driving it home was give it a bath to wash off all the bugs from the night-time highway drive home.

I took off all 4 wheels which apparently had been torqued down by Hercules because I had to put almost all my weight on the end of a 2ft breaker bar to loosen them. I deep cleaned each wheel inside and out, and also detailed each brake caliper. I then reinstalled the wheels to the proper torque.

The car is currently in the shop getting full track+ PPF. The entire front end of the car is being protected (bumper, hood, fenders, lights, mirrors), and I also am having them install PPF along the entire rocker panels, the front of the rear fender flares, the truck deck on the rear bumper, and also the A-pillars and front edge of the roof. Oh and also on the rear bumper behind the rear wheels.

I get the car back tomorrow and I have already on the way:

-BMS clutch stop
-Genuine BMW Black M2 badge (ordered the M2 competition badge and im just going to not install the "competition" part)
-Genuine BMW Gloss black Grilles

One thing I havent ordered yet is some exhaust tips. I cant stomach the cost of the genuine BMW tips so I might try out some ebay/china reps and see how they are for 10% of the price.

I dont have any serious performance mods in mind at the moment. I could see myself doing the normal BM3, high flow cat, intercooler, intake, and charge pipe some time in the future but for now the car is more than enough for me.

Last edited by Joebie; 08-16-2022 at 04:05 PM..
Appreciate 2
chris7197365.00
///MPhatic14041.50