View Single Post
      09-17-2020, 12:27 PM   #318
John4C
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlee View Post

There are so many unspoken for allocations out there. There will be be inventory when they are delivered and inevitably discounts. Anyone buying at msrp now is really just paying for the privilege of “day one” cars.
This...

Not trying to burst any bubbles but I would caution those talking about these in collectability/investment terms that there are a ton of MSRP allocations available. A ton. That says something about the near term trajectory of these cars. They will be at dealers and sell at a discount in the near term. The fact that I could get half a dozen MSRP allocations today without really trying speaks volumes!

For those trying to minimize depreciation though the purchase price matters just as much as sale price at exit. I would wait. There will be dealers sitting on these in Jan/Feb/March willing to sell for a meaningful discount. Remember that there was hype around the M3/4 CS at first too. People ended up leasing 102k M3 CS’ for Basically 20% off at 700/month. Not saying these will do that poorly but don’t get swept up in the hype when the signs are pointing to this not being as in demand as bimmerpost would make it seem.
Appreciate 0