arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansomatic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
Cup 2s in the middle of winter would be questionable. Who is going to eat the cost if those tires are not taken care of at the store.
Educate me, please. Do Cup 2's require special care and feeding while being stored over the winter?

Mine will be removed (and replaced with winter wheels/tires) and stuffed in the corner of my garage before the CS even leaves the dealership. I'm assuming they don't need to go into tire bags or anything like that.
Not an expert so glad the other forum member posted the literature.

My angle was more of what happens with a winter delivery full of snow / ice / bitter colds and the dealership has to move the car around or isn't aware of the tire situation. Or simply to make others aware to have a backup plan —— flatbed ?

Let's say you decided to risk the drive home on those tires and then slide on the slightest wet patch . There was a horror story of an x3m comp owner that damaged the truck on the ride home on super sports .

I once declined to test drive an m235 because the weather was like 20F , clean roads. tha CA looked at me funny when I said I don't want to ruin the tires

I imagine a car like your m2 cs would be pampered at the store . It also sounds like you have a plan already .
Appreciate 1
KHAP1364.00