Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
People who say "...for Porsche money" need to fully understand what goes into that statement.

Sure it is Porsche money for the "base" Porsche cost. And as we all know, nobody really specs out a Porsche as "base". There are so many nickel and dime options that are typically standard in other models. All said and done, there is still quite a bit of delta between the BMW and Porsche equivalent.

Therefore, in terms of pricing strategy, BMW has determined that $83.6K is possibly a stretch, but still attainable, while the Porsche, you will be seriously going to another price bracket all together.

Where I see competition on this price is with other entirely different models. For example, me personally I would consider the Mercedes GLE 450 or BMW 8 series grand coupe 840i. Sure, it's not a direct performance competitor, but it's fighting towards these more luxurious products. I know I'm not alone cross shopping these disproportionate options.
You might as well try to explain quantum physics to a pig.

Some people are not very intelligent. This is the same crowd that said that for 130k they've buy a GT3 instead of a M4 GTS... ignoring that over in the real world you need ~150 for a 911 GTS and more like 200k for a GT3.

A Cayman S with normal options is close to 100k... I don't know why anyone feels the M2 CS is overpriced.

There are some disgusting P car fanboys that for whatever reason what to stick around the M forums. God knows why. If I had a Camaro and there was some asshat in the Camaro forum going on and on and on about how wonderful M cars are... I'd seriously wonder about them.

Everyone just adores how Porsche will sell a 4 banger Cayman S to you for 100k and praise how wonderful it is... now don't complain when BMW takes a page out of their book and starts offering seven thousand versions of their M cars.
Damn! I don't think anybody can really refute anything you've said.
Appreciate 0