View Single Post
      12-10-2019, 09:33 AM   #638
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
I believe it's easy to see where the extra coin went if looking at everything that was added from an MSRP of components. However as most have shown the parts can be had much cheaper. Most seem to have an issue with the performance per dollar perspective.

Folks can either pay for the best iteration of this generation, or pay for the best value of this generation and modify until their hearts content. There's no right or wrong but personal preference.
MSRP of the overpriced BMW M parts, or MSRP of parts that people would actually buy to put on their own cars? There are 2 aftermarket carbon hoods that both cost less than half of the M Perf hood. There are a couple of great options for exhausts that are cheaper than the M Perf exhaust, while also being lighter. I honestly view the CS to the rest of the M2's as I do a Rubicon Jeep to other trim level Jeeps. You are paying for the manufacturer to parts on it for you, it just so happens that this 'parts added' car is limited production.

Like I said though, if money were no object, I would get the M2CS just for exclusivity sake. In the meantime, I will modify my M2C and perfectly content.
Appreciate 0