View Single Post
      12-09-2019, 04:50 AM   #620
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage IV View Post
And still, these cars collect dust because the dealerships, at least here in the US, refuse to offer big discounts off of MSRP. I'm seeing nothing less than $105k which, to me, is about $35k more than what the M4 CS model is worth.
Their lesson has yet to be learned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgmt View Post
There is a reason M4CS cars litter dealerships around the globe.
Let's hope they learn their lesson.
See here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by psuibmw View Post
So, BMW did not learn from the M3/M4 CS mistake. These cars sat at dealers lots for long and in order to move them, some were offering $25K off, not good. My guessing it will be same for this car not saying it's a bad ride, but come on 40% over M2C
If I'm informed correctly, BMW got paid for the GTS and CS cars - the dealers paid. But dealers usually learn from what they experience. Apart from some places on the face of the earth known for mark-up frenzy, we can reasonably assume that most dealers will prefer signed M2 CS orders prior to ordering that expensive type of car targeted at a limited audience. I mean, it's quite nice to have a GTS or CS on display in your showroom, but the showroom is not supposed to become a 'museum'.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
They made way less M3 CS than M2 CS and they sat on dealer lots with big discounts in the US market. Perhaps things were different in Europe?
That was actually the point I made in my earlier comment. We're on the same page. Judging by what you find at dealer lots and in ads, GTS and CS (re)sales weren't/aren't particularly smooth.

As commented, dealers and coin-flippers learn from their experiences. For example my dealer: still got an M4 CS and M4 GTS for sale. Those cars get lots of looks, but no-one buys. And as no customer asked for an M3 CS, he did not order one. Therefore my assumption that the same is gonna happen for the M2 CS: most dealers will refrain from ordering it (shelling out a nice lump of cash), except if they got signed orders or if they plan to keep the car for the dealership.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
It may as well be a unicorn.
With 2200 cars worldwide, I would not call it a unicorn:
  • 1M: 2700 scheduled - 6309 built - out of production (see here);
  • M4 GTS ("limited edition"): 700 scheduled - 803 built - out of production (see here);
  • M4 DTM ("limited edition"): 200 scheduled - 200 built - out of production (see here);
  • M4 CS: 3000 scheduled - 2043 built (June 2019 figure) - produced until Feb 2020 (see here);
  • M3 CS: 1200 scheduled - 1263 built - out of production (see here);
  • M2 CS ("limited edition"): 2200 scheduled - production from March 2020 until Dec 2020 (see here).
«Limited edition»...