View Single Post
      01-15-2020, 06:37 PM   #38
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
I wouldn't says it's the tuners fault, bad winter gas is normal your tune just doesn't account for it. During winter you should probably run a less agressive map to account for poor fuel quality, unless you have access to really consistent fuel. Atleast my sti used to run alot richer when I used poor quality gas.

It is more likely to be because IAT's dropped in the winter vs. summer allowing you to run more timing and boost which the car doesn't see in the summer since IAT's are high the car pulls timing and boost. So the increased boost and timing on the winter will require more fuel causing your hpfp to crash.

In your case it's likely to be more related to lower iat's, I was trying to answer your post while chiming in on what someone else said about poor fuel quality.
If the tune is provided as safe for the general population, then it is in fact the tuner's fault as they provided something unsafe for the general population.

Also, I wouldn't automatically attribute it to "bad winter gas" as air density is quite different in the winter. Cooler air is more dense, and more dense air needs more fuel. Nor attribute it to the tune adding more boost and timing in winter (because the logs show the same boost and timing across seasons)
Appreciate 1
F87source7177.50