MartyE12345
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp AW, S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post
Why?

I don't know why this forum has a subculture with a raging hardon for 6MT... I'm 47, and have ALWAYS driven Manual cars, but since the F80, and now my M2C, I started driving DCT and never looked back.

PDK may be smoother and better in certain ways, etc, but DCT is a PHENOMENAL transmission, and thus far, I am hoping to continue on it. The next gen G80 M3 will have manual or ZF automatic, so between those I likely would choose manual, but DCT has been nothing short of great for me, and certainly agree that it is one of the best transmissions out there.
I own a DCT, I think it is amazing too. I was just surprised to hear a reviewer say it, usually they still argue the manual is the better choice. I don’t know if I’ve heard anyone praise it as much as him. I believe he said it was on supercar levels. My only complaint about the DCT is driving around town at slower speeds it isn’t incredibly smooth, or doesn’t know what gear it wants to be in. I would have bought a manual if I didn’t own a s2000. Overall I’m very happy with the DCT.
Appreciate 4