View Single Post
      01-12-2019, 02:41 PM   #56
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
There is a difference on how they drive and feel. For example drove M3 basic with DCT, (a real transmission) back to back one in Canada on 401 and one in UK. The difference is very apparent. Stiffest suspension setting, noise, how it handles and power. Shift speeds. The Canadian version had much more body roll, not overly more but enough to notice. It had interestingly the finger gesture navigation in it. This is not an option in EU and no dealer heard of it till this G20.

You say 450 or 444 well actually it does not matter because that HP you will not feel. Fuel can make lots of difference. Germany you get 100 shell race fuel, I am sure you can get 94 in Canada. It may or may not be equivalent, but on 100 octane this car is a killer.

Lots of this can be address with a software flash.

It did not feel as torquey as the one in UK, the orange fingers really ruined the front.

I ended up with a M3 Competition with GTS software, ESS tune and lots of other nice touches etc.... Sadly no F1Rs.

So I don't particularly want to get into a debate or argument with the forum. Its my experience.

Audi and VW are very much similar in how detuned they are in Canada. Anyhow, enjoy your Saturday. If you live on both sides of the pond you can experience the difference yourself.
You are completely deluded. As in utterly, genuinely, 100% wrong, factually. Even about the mirrors. But of course, enjoy your placebo.

Oh wait, you didn’t drive a US car, you drove a Canadian spec one. I’ll wait for our Canadian neighbors to chime in. I’m sure they get detuned like crazy north of the border... doubt they make 200 HP up there.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0