01-10-2022, 05:48 PM   #19
krakenXIV
Private
Portugal
Rep
Drives: G82 '21 / Mini SE '22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
The value proposition is up to the individual. Is it really worth spending $85k on a car that does the same thing as a $20k one? To each his/her own. While the comparison is stretching it a bit, I feel like a $2,400 lip is worth it if I like it enough - which in this case I do.

However, the end part of your comment misses the point. I don't buy parts for other's visual enjoyment, I do it for mine! There are nice lips out there, no doubt, but I enjoy the idea of supporting Vorsteiner because I do genuinely like their product. I'm sure a replica of this will eventually come up, but if I'm spending $1k or so on a replica piece, then I feel it's worth it to pony up a bit more money for guaranteed fitment (even if there were issues, I know Vorsteiner would support the product) and the happiness that comes from knowing I'm supporting Vorsteiner and their future endeavours/R&D by not buying a replica/knockoff. The M performance knockoffs are understandable as supporting BMW in that sense is different, but I personally couldn't buy a knockoff of a Vorsteiner lip, or an RSC lip, or 3d designs for that reason alone. If everyone bought replicas and never the original, then these companies wouldn't feel justified in dumping the time/effort/money into creating these products.

Small rant, but just my .02 cents.
100/100
Appreciate 0