View Single Post
      07-15-2020, 09:28 AM   #8
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
I loved my M2C but no offense, a GT4 will ALWAYS be more fun that any BMW on sale today, even the best M2. Porsche's are simply on another level and then the GT cars are even higher.

GT4 more fun than any BMW on sale today? Seriously?

I have a mate who drives the shit out of his 1M and has a GT4 Mk1 too, the guy can drive and does so. He prefers the 1M, by a margin, GT4 Mk1 way too long gearing(Mk2 same story, look up the car tests), no playfulness on the backend with those wide tyres and 'no torque' down low and middle revs.

Another mate sold his GT3 Clubsport(2010 bought new) because of all of the above. Too wide tyres to make it step out in the dry and have some adrenalin fun with it PLUS the speeds had to be absurd to get some 'now I'm driving fast' vs 1M/M2/C type of cars.

So 'fun' is a really specific thing for people and for many people 'fun' means something else in a car.

'Porsches' are on another level of what? Maybe only build quality but for the rest be more specific please.

Some GT's are and yes a GT4 is more than awesome, so is a GT3RS/GT2RS( Manthey spec is my favourite car today on sale) but so are a few M models.

And yes turn in etc is something special in many GT3/4s but so is our M2/C. do'nt bring M2/C down. The //M LSD we have is a real lsd. No brake intrusive vectoring thingy Porsche uses on ALL roadgoing cars incl the GT stuff.....(many people do not know that specific brake lsd tech thingy on all Porsches)

Depending on situations M2C turns in equally or 'better' than any Cayman this side of a GT4. And sometimes 'better'than a GT4 with 'no weight' on the front end. Look it up in serious carmags like Sportauto from Germany.

So, FUN is not just being the more razorsharp car the GT4 is vs our M2C which it is.

My idea of FUN is also being to control a car in the wet and dry in a manner you want, with throttle. Understeer is so far away in real life in an M2/C.
According to (ex) Porsche guys above it's further away than their(ex) Porsches. And those guys drive their cars hard on Zandvoort/Assen/Nordschleife and Papenburg etc(and so do I lol)

Still: I love the Porsche brand for their GT2/3/4. The rest not so much. Sorry

Cheers
Robin

Last edited by Robin_NL; 07-15-2020 at 09:34 AM..
Appreciate 0