asciimike
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Fab View Post
Been in touch with the guys at HMS Motorsports, as per asciimike and am heading down the Cobra Nogaro trail.

They're getting me a quote on the Nogaro with blue stitching, seat heaters and finding out about using the OEM heater controls and seat base so I keep my settings and electric sliders, as they think this is an option.
Here's what I know about seat heaters:
- The F8x has two heaters: one for the bottom and one for the back. One of these (I think the back) has a thermistor for temperature sensing.
- You'll need to bring the seat controllers over to the new seat as well, since they control heating (seat heaters plug into them).

Seat settings (at least forward/backward) should theoretically be possible, provided that you wire the slider switches through the seat module rather than directly to the motor. It would probably work based on key settings, but obviously there wouldn't be 1/2 buttons to switch without the key.

My plan was to buy E46 seat heaters (because they are more square, and thus more likely to fit in the seats), swap the plugs, and tape them down under the pads, rather than pay the $175/seat I was quoted to get them sewn in (especially after I think it would have been another $150/seat for the heaters). This is what the HMS folks told me, though I admit I'm somewhat skeptical about the heaters being able to heat through an inch or two of foam, but we'll see.
Appreciate 0