View Single Post
      02-21-2020, 04:38 PM   #221
Fenerbahce
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
How is this any different than putting a different exhaust on the S55? How do you feel about AA's single mid, it changes the sound quite a lot. Other car people changing out their headers for equal length, it's been around for ages. It makes for an awesome sound, and can also improve performance. On an R32, Mine's offered an equal length down pipe back in the 90s. It goes way way back before that, nothing new about it.
It's different in that it's adding additional piping, bends, and weight relative to an unequal-length setup. Can you elaborate on how this would improve performance over an equivalent, unequal-length setup? If there are performance benefits, that obviously changes things.

Since you mentioned the AA mid section, I believe that cuts weight and adds a little power (so not just for sound), not to mention it saves having to cut your stock exhaust to change out the droopy rear section. Having said that, I personally prefer to leave emissions equipment (primary/secondary cats) in tact, so I probably will remain stock or just get an axle back. I'm probably not in the target market for this, so just my $.02.