View Single Post
      02-20-2020, 03:14 AM   #13
Megator
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by asciimike View Post

Fair point on the three pointers. To be fair, I use the QFPs on the street (much to the chagrin of my passengers...), so I wouldn't be super worried about that. I think I mostly have been led to believe that the Recaros are a superior product, though I got good quality materials so I'm pretty comfortable with the seats I've got.
Thanks for the review! So wait did Cobra do the leather or did you? I should be getting a sample from them some time soon to match the leather and orange stitching (I went orange for my interior).

As to the QFP/4 point harness on the street (and without a HANS), aside from the decreased visibility you also greatly increase the chances of basilar skull fracture in an accident. The airbag will help but will not save you like a HANS. You also run a greater risk of submarining. The seats should have a hole in the bottom for 6 point harnesses to prevent this.

I would look into a Schroth ASM belt for your dual use. It will help avoid both of the above problems.

https://www.schroth.com/en/segments/...hroth-asm.html

https://www.schrothracing.com/products/quickfit

See here the Quick Fit PRO version is meant to work with a HANS the Quick Fit normal version has the ASM tech so you dont submarine and the airbag can work as intended.

Also "These harnesses are designed to be used in stock seats that have passed a seat back strength test. Quick Fit harnesses are not approved for any fixed back or aftermarket seats."

I will leave the Rollbar vs Not in combo with 4-6 point harness debate out of it

As to quality the Recaro seats are 1/2 steps ahead of Cobra and or Sparco in terms of perceived quality.