View Single Post
      02-18-2020, 08:06 AM   #7
Megator
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Fab View Post
Anyone have thoughts on a seat for the track that fits a 2020 M2 Comp?

Been looking at Sparco (have used them for years in off road racing) but not sure I want to pony up $3,100 for the fully adjustable unit.

What are you guys that have done a change using? What are you using to mount the seat (I can't find any specific model mounts for the Sparco - will have to make my own, I guess).

Also, what about the harness that plugs into the seat? Is this car going to be like and Audi and get all butt hurt with the air bags when I pull the seat? Is there a cheat that tells the computer "The seat's here, pay no attention to the lack of airbag." As I recall, there was a resistor trick that you did in the R8 to make the car think the airbags were still in place.

Open to suggestions, thanks in advance.
You will get errors which you can code out with Bimmercode or the like or using the right resistor.

If it is a dual purpose car I would look at the Cobra Nogaro. Its a nice compromise street/track seat and with 2 seat cushions you can have comfort and support. (high one for the street with more padding, low one so that the seat bottom sides come up higher relative to your legs)

They will also customize them from the factory. Price 2k per seat all in. I don't think you will find anything much cheaper for the quality you want.

I have not yet gone this route as I am a bit short and without a cushion I sit too low for the harness holes.

For mounts look at Brey Krause, there stuff seems excellent.

https://www.bkauto.com/category_s/405.htm

Recaro CS is also a nice compromise. Had them in my previous car (OEM option), the lateral support is not much better than the OEM M4 seats. Again I am a small skinny guy, if you have a waist line in the 40s the CS will hold you very tightly.

The CS was available from BMW as an m performance part. The CS can be equipped with side airbags and heated seat pads.

CS is a 2 part seat so use harnesses at your own discretion.