asciimike
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
The BMW seat heater pads have a therminster built into them that the aftermarket ones do not. Your unlikely to get aftermarket heater pads working with the OE controls.
Looks like just the seat pad has the thermistor, but the back pad doesn't. I can wire in a 10k thermistor to aftermarket pads, or buy the E46 seat pads (which are a better shape, and already fit per your original post) and swap the plug. Curious if it'll work with just the back pad (I think this is an easy test, I can just unplug one and see if it still heats).

The annoying thing is that I'll need to bring the seat module along as well (not necessary for seat motion).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
What are you hoping to gain making your own mounts? If you got nogaros, the BK option is seat specific and car specific. Pretty unusual perk to the nogaro!
The enjoyment of making them (learning CAD, laser cutting, sheet metal bending). I went pretty far down the road but chatted with some folks who basically said the bends I wanted to do were going to be nearly impossible without CNC tools, and the quote I got from a local shop was close enough in cost to the BK mounts that I ended up buying the BK ones.
Appreciate 0